babelmed - 05/03/2008
The Euroarab Foundation for Higher Studies, conscious of the need to promote teaching and research exchanges among academics, scientists, researchers and intellectuals from MENA countries, invites applicants for the three chairs to participate in academic, research and scientific stays of three months at the Euroarab Foundation head office, under the patronage of the Spanish Agency of International Cooperation for the Development.
The three proposed Chairs will pertain to the following areas of activity:
- The Euroarab Chair in Arts and Cultures. Period of stay in Granada: from May 1 to July 31, 2008.
- The Euroarab Chair in Environment and Sustainable Development. Period of stay in Granada: from September 1 to November 30, 2008.
- The Euroarab Chair in Social Sciences and Governance. Period of stay in Granada: from October 1 to December 31, 2008.
Terms of application :
Please, send your application to the Euroarab Foundation for Higher Studies via fax, postal mail or e-mail:
- Before March 15, 2008 for the Chair in Arts and Cultures.
- Before March 15, 2008 for the Chair in Environment and Sustainable Development and for the Chair in Social Sciences and Governance.
At : Euroarab Foundation for Higher Studies
C/ San Jerónimo, 27. 18001.
Fax: +34 958 20 83 54
Please attach the following documents in Spanish, English or French:
- Application form duly filled in with a photograph.
- CV with a photograph.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Description of the research planning to be developed (500 words maximum) on a topic within the following areas of activity: Arts and Cultures, Environment and Sustainable Development, Social Sciences and Governance.
Selection by the Programme Academic Board will be based on the following criteria:
- The academic quality of the applicant.
- Experience in research.
- Assessment of CV.
- Quality of the research planning presented by the applicant and coherence with his/her studies and work experience.
- Effect and impact of the research stay on the academic and scientific future of the applicant and the Euroarab Foundation.
Applications finally selected to promote the respective chairs, will develop during their post of three months in the seat of the Foundation in Granada, which is a program of academic activities and research in agreement with the bases of the summons.
Each one will receive a grant of 9.000 euro, with provision for housing within the city of Granada during this period. By means of this program the EuroArab Foundation for Higher Studies aims, in agreement with its constituent principles, to facilitate the exchange in research and in education,
between academics, investigators, Scientifics and cultural institutions of the Mediterranean Basin.
For more information: www.fundea.org