babelmed - 25/07/2005
Applications by individual players or singers, duets and trios will be considered. Accepted applicants will be notified by Al Urmawi Center for Mashreq Music before 5 September 2005. Travel and accommodation expenses of accepted applicants will be fully covered.
Remixري ميكس is a creative meeting among 20 – 25 young musicians from across the Arab region and who have different musical backgrounds. During this one-week platform participants will engage in working sessions around three themes:
· Ensemble playing
· Fusion of music styles and instruments
· Solo and group improvisation
The forum will conclude with a public concert.
Al Urmawi Center for Mashreq Music will be responsible for the artistic management of the platform. A high degree of musical proficiency as well as an evident ability to interact with musicians playing different music styles is required. Young Women Musicians are strongly encouraged to apply
- Applicants should be between 15 and 30 years of age.
- Applications must include applicant’s name, address, telephone number, age, nationality and a copy of passport or I.D.
- Applicants who are under 18 years old must submit a written approval by one of their parents.
- Applications must include one recorded work at least. Recordings should be sent either as email attachments (mp3 – wav) or by registered mail. Applications that do not include a recording of the applicant’s work will not be considered.
- Applications must be received before 25 August 2005 at one of the following addresses:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By registered mail: Al Mawred Al Thaqafy (Culture Resource), P.O. Box 175 Mohandessin, Cairo, Egypt.